View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 10:34 PM   #19
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Default Re: The 'The Wolverine' Box Office Prediction Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I think he didn't want this movie to be so successful because there's a possibility that FOX will greenlight another Wolverine movie. FOX greenlighted the 2nd Wolverine movie when Origins got $80 million during its opening weekend. So what would happen if The Wolverine earned more than $500 million, FOX would definitely greenlight another Wolverine movie.
Quite honestly, I'm starting to think there's little more that can be done with Wolverine in a solo movie.

To me, the trailer for The Wolverine was the most disappointing of all the X-Men trailers (though I liked parts of it) and the trailer where Jackman is the least like Wolverine. He seemed more like Hugh Jackman, walking tall and upright in a smart black suit with neat hair. Some of it could have been real-life footage of Jackman himself attending a restaurant or premiere in LA or Tokyo.

It just doesn't feel like he is truly inhabiting the role. He's just being a classic leading man and I'm seeing the actor more than the character.

Of course, that's based on only a brief teaser but it didn't feel exciting, edgy or original enough. It might sit well alongside the tone and style of the other X-Men films but it doesn't really stand out as more than a fun action blockbuster. What's its selling point?