View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 12:08 AM   #508
Snow Queen
Side-Kick

Default Re: State your unpopular film related opinion - - - Part 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by batfreakforever View Post
That's not a good enough reason to hate someone. It's very petty. See to fans your only as good as your last film(s). Just because shumachers last batfilm people hated doesn't give them the right to wish him or george lucas is hated. So fans might like 4 or 5 of the 6 star wars films makes fans hate him. Thats not right.
First, I think you're talking personal hatred while I'm talking professional hatred. They could be the nicest people in the world but I hate them as professional film makers. Same for M Night Shyamalan (except for Unbreakable and The Sixth Sense, but mostly for The Last Airbender), Michael Bay and Paul WS Anderson. And I especially hate Lucas' constant going back and editing films that were better without the edits.

Second, it's not the last film as much as it is f***ing over a franchise with absolutely awful movies. It's not if it's their last movie, the placement does not matter, it's how awful and what the significance is. If the Prequel Trilogy wasn't connected to Star Wars, I wouldn't care. They'd be awful but I wouldn't need to remember them. But they're connected to Star Wars and has f***ed up the franchise's image for a while. I love Lucas pre-Phantom Menace but it seems like he was replaced with a completely new director who shoots in sterile environments, doesn't work well with actors and tinkers with films better off without the edits. I like some of Schumacher's movies too. They're not great but not bad. I hate him professionally for f***ing up a character I love and ruining the character's image for years. That said, it's a great comedy.

Third, what are you talking about in your second half? Wish them what? Wish him or Lucas hatred? You can't really wish for hatred any more than you can wish you loved someone. It's an emotional response that is, in this case, generated by the way they present themselves and the work they put out.