View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 03:22 PM   #6
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Default Re: In hindsight what changes would you do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
I didn't find Bane to be less interesting at all. I felt the opposite because Bane finally felt human whereas he only felt like this beast with zero emotions. We didn't need a brute version of Joker(since he had no feelings in TDK).
It's a subjective issue so it can suit some well and others less so. I just didn't feel that it gave anything positive and I also felt that it got too little time to make Talia interesting. Such a twist should ideally make you go "oh ****" when things get even worse than you though but in my view that never happened. I also felt that the conviction to the cause that Bane had displayed was hollowed out since his primary drive was love rather than the belief that he was doing the right thing.

Other than that I liked that the idea that the mastermind and the muscle of the operation was the same person. As for the comparison to the Joker I think that Bane is more the brute version of Ra's al Ghul. They share an idea and method while The Joker seems like focused insanity. That's just my opinion though and I'm fine with that everyone won't share it.

Mjölnir is offline   Reply With Quote