View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 04:42 PM   #572
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Default Re: am I the only one who DIDN'T think Nicholson nailed joker??

Quote:
Originally Posted by milost View Post
How was the Joker anything like the Riddler in Dark Knight?

I don't remember riddles, I don't remember him being OCD and trying to outwit Batman (he did that naturally and pretty easily). Don't remember The Joker being obsessed with puzzles and riddles and having a sense of a superiority complex?

Riddler robbed banks in clown gear to rile up the mob? Riddler put smiles on public officials he didn't like? Riddler went from wanting to kill Batman to wanting to be his play buddy that he could never kill? Riddler strapped bombs so Batman had to choose between the two for an emotional/moral dilemma? Was there a riddle or puzzle that I'm forgetting that the ferries had to solve in order to solve?

I don't see how he was the Joker, unless you're stuck on the mind games/situations had in the film. But I can assure you, a Riddler mind game/situation would be completely different with a different MO and motive.

The Riddler battles Batman and Gotham because he thinks he's better, smarter and superior. The Joker battles Batman because he's fun and everything he's not (other than a freak).
QFT

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote