View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 07:00 PM   #861
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh8 View Post
I, for one, find this good news. The movie's turning out exactly how I have been imagining it. This doesn't create a continuity problem, it actually fixes it. Havok and Banshee would just be considered a temporary team that helped Xavier out for that mission. It is unfortunate that their characters weren't developed in FC, but that doesn't mean they need to be developed in DOFP. In franchise history, they'll just go down as minor supporting characters and honestly it was fortunate to even see those B-comic characters with speaking roles.

It was never concretely spelled out that Xavier formed the X-Men right away. After his injury, he might have taken time off or just opened the school for "basic" mutant education. Now, if DOFP (or the next X-movie) introduces a young Scott and Jean, then this would actually be a continuity FIX for how Scott and Jean (and maybe eventually Storm) were his first X-Men students.
THIS. With Havok and Banshee vacating their First Class positions it opens up for Scott, Storm and Jean (and Beast) to still be the core X-men. I see this as them correcting their original mistake and simply saying Havok and Banshee were simply there at the beginning.