pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Default Re: Iron Man Hall of Armors

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRangerPrimeNYC View Post
I think 42 suits seems pretty excessive D:

Should've been just 20 or 25

/:
I want to agree and disagree with this sentiment.

Basically, I think you're right. 42 is excessive. When I first heard this news back when Mark 42 was announced, I felt like this:

I loved seeing 3 new armors per movie and understanding Tony's reasoning behind creating each one. Seeing him progress etc.

Now he skipped ahead to 42 and the ones in between cannot possibly have much purpose, let alone screentime.

Fast forward to today. I am thrilled with the "collectible action figure" feeling this is instilling inside of me. I can't wait to see the next suit and (assuming they are each described in detail with names, and specific functions) I hope each one is as exciting as the last.

Plus I understand the obsessive PTS concept they are trying to convey. Tony is going of the deep end. He's obsessing like he did in Iron Man 1, he had no reason to come home and design suit after suit, but something compelled him to. And as he defeated each Stane and Vanko he felt a bit more in control. Then this interstellar threat comes and he realizes he can never be in control again. He has no idea what threats are out there so he has to just keep building suits.

pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote