View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 10:59 PM   #18
BenKenobi
Banned User

Default Re: What would you have done differently?

Quote:
Originally Posted by portland2002 View Post
Over the course of the prequel trilogy, I think it would have been interesting to see Anakin gradually losing his humanity, becoming more and more dependent on machinery to keep him alive to mirror his fall to the dark side.

Also, I would have liked to have seen him fall into a volcano (similar to the novelization of ROTJ) and crawl out, seeing more of the hate and disfigurements burned into him (i sort of imagined a scenario similar to the first Terminator, when the T-800 crawls out of the flames and lies on the ground, his flesh burning off). i imagined his supernatural powers from the dark side keeping him alive before Palpatine and the troopers arrive.
They really screwed that up imo. The way Obi-Wan talked to Luke about Vaders fall it sounded like he had a professor x/magneto relationship with him for sometime, believing their was still good in him, finally he accepted he was "more machine than man now" and lost hope in him. Obi-Wan didn't even try to talk to him.

Also I wish the Emperor had taken power in a more practical way. In KOTOR, Malak and Revan took the galaxy with the unlimited armies of the Star Forge, why couldn't Sidious do the same with the Clones!? I don't care about what he foresaw, it's really pushing my suspension of disbelief having him have planned all of that out perfectly.

BenKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote