View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 01:40 AM   #750
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: Who should be the villain in an Avengers sequel? (Poll)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant-manic View Post
or he'd be Stark's backup plan to take out the other Avengers if need be. he is paranoid enough to do something like that (a la Batman). if SHIELD were stockpiling weapons to fend off asgardians, why wouldn't Stark do the same? they could easily say that Ultron was the last ditch scenario; someone to carry on in case Stark is killed. they did something similar to it on the Earth's Mightiest cartoon.
You said so yourself: it'd be just like Batman. ZOMG NERDRAGE COPYCAT yadda yadda yadda. Stark keeping secret files on his teammates is redundant in the MCU because (a) Nick Fury already has that avenue of paranoia well-covered; and (b) unlike Batman, Iron Man doesn't *need* to know the achilles heels of his comrades to take them out ---- he can (and does) just build a suit specially designed for that use (i.e., Hulkbuster, Thorbuster).

And the Avengers don't need to start getting paranoid about each other. They're "superfriends" now. From what I can see of IM3 so far, the paranoia Tony is experiencing is directed at the *bad guys* of this universe, not the *good guys.* He trusts Hulk and Thor (maybe more than he should). His personality might clash with Cap, but he has no real reason to hate, fear, or mistrust him --- he's freakin' Saint Steve Rogers. And fear or mistrust the SHIELD "help," like Tasha or Clint or Fury or Hill...? Not even worthy of his consideration.

We're still a long, long way from any kind of "Civil War" in the MCU. No need to start planting those seeds yet. If ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant-manic View Post
that's all he does in the books. only fans of Pym care about Ultron's relatively uninteresting daddy issues. everyone else just remembers Thor "having words" with it and Tony Stark transforming into a woman.

....And what was that all about....? Janet Van Dyne. i.e., Oedipus issues. That whole schtick wouldn't have worked at all without Janet and Hank playing Mommy and Daddy to their unruly "child."

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote