View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 02:01 PM   #28
BatmanGoesToRio
Side-Kick

Default Re: In hindsight what changes would you do - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
The thing with Nolan is he has to have a valid reason for his villains to have their theatrical comic book elements, just like his Batman did with his theatrical traits.

Crane wore the Scarecrow mask to freak out people under the effects of his fear gas. Joker wore the clown make up like a war paint to intimidate people and to match with his cut smile ("Now I see the funny side. Now I'm always smiling"). Dent used the two headed coin because he believed chance was the only morality. Of course Bane wore the mask because he had to due to a physical pain.

Catwoman is the only one who stands out in this regard. Apart from her razor heels we're not given any validation for the domino mask, or the goggles etc.
I know where you're coming from. And I agree.
But from a theatrical point of view it would have been better if Bane didn't have to wear his mask all the time. You see, in the comics he is addicted to Venom but there are enough pages where you see him without his mask. In the movie he needs his painkillers. But maybe it could have been enough if he has to wear his mask half of the day. And, of course, to look more intimidating when he goes outside to do his "job" as a villain.

Last edited by BatmanGoesToRio; 03-30-2013 at 03:20 PM.
BatmanGoesToRio is offline   Reply With Quote