View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 02:05 PM   #29
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Default Re: In hindsight what changes would you do - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatmanGoesToRio View Post
I know where you coming from. And I agree.
But from a theatrical point of view it would have been better if Bane didn't have to wear his mask all the time. You see, in the comics he is addicted to Venom but there are enough pages where you see him without his mask. In the movie he needs his painkillers. But maybe it could have been enough if he has to wear his mask half of the day. And, of course, to look more intimidating when he goes outside to do his "job" as a villain.
I agree with you. Masked villains are often robbed of the expressive nature of the actor's face. Sam Raimi shied away from it after Dafoe's Green Goblin. It's why Franco's "Goblin" was only masked for about 20 seconds in the whole movie.

Hardy had some advantage that he could convey some emotion with his eyes. Take the look he throws Dr. Pavel on the plane when Pavel says "Nothing. I said nothing", or when Batman rubs it in his face about him being kicked out "by a gang of psychopaths" etc.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote