View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 03:39 PM   #36
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Default Re: In hindsight what changes would you do - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatmanGoesToRio View Post
Some villains just wear masks to look more intimidating. Look at Ledger's Joker. Did he have to wear facepaint to be a crazy criminal mastermind? No - but he did. Just because to frighten people as it was said in TDK.

Even in the Nolanverse not every outfit is just about being practical. Why does a cat burglar like Selina wear a domino mask and those unpractical heels? And Crane's fear gas also worked without his mask as the third act in Begins showed. The Nolanverse is not very consistent in this point.

And - it' still a comic book movie. Heroes and villains look this way in comic books. Superman could also fly without a blue suit, red trunks and a cape. And The Riddler on the other hand could ask riddles without a suit full of question marks. But they wear those things 'cause they are their "some kind of corporate design".
Yes, but the luchador mask should at least be questioned if someone wants to ask why someone would wear a mask to inhale medication whereas the luchador mask has no relevance to Bane taking the Venom through those tubes. That was my point.

And with Crane...it was always shown that his gas could work outside of his mask from his wrist(as seen in the first meeting between Batman and Scarecrow), but the mask was just to mess with the people who does inhale that fear gas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatmanGoesToRio View Post
Thanks for pointing that out. But still - I would have prefered that his masks feeds him with Venom and he doesn't have to wear it 24/7. But that's, of course, a matter of taste.
Of course, I could see why it's a matter of taste. I would assume the ones who wanted the Venom didn't like the idea of Bane even being badly beaten and had to use that medication to keep the pain at bay. I personally find that idea to be interesting that he's using medication to keep his pain at a minimum while Bruce fights through the pain whenever he goes into battle whereas being stabbed or shot at.

I also understand the idea of why the medicine isn't solely revealed because it was something that had to be halted and finally mentioned while Bruce was in the Pit, so unless there's an area after that mark to show Bane refilling or changing his medicine for whatever purposes, then there isn't a reason to even bother to show Bane's medicine at all and just showing what happens when a tube is broken off his mask.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote