View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 02:42 PM   #37
BatmanGoesToRio
Side-Kick

Default Re: In hindsight what changes would you do - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Hardy had some advantage that he could convey some emotion with his eyes. Take the look he throws Dr. Pavel on the plane when Pavel says "Nothing. I said nothing", or when Batman rubs it in his face about him being kicked out "by a gang of psychopaths" etc.
I agree. I guess after they decided to give Bane a 24/7 mask Nolan and his design crew knew: "Okay, if we do that he can't wear a full face mask like in the comics. At least we have to show his eyes."

On the other hand they are some villains in movie history that worked great without the audience seeing their face all the time: Darth Vader, Jason Voorhees and Michael Myers, for example. But Bane is not that kind of a villain. He has more depth - in the comics and also in TDKR. And even Darth Vader lost his mask for a couple of seconds when he became sympathetic and the audience started to care about his faith.

So in my eyes Nolan did a wrong decision by giving Bane a 24/7 mask but he did a right decision by making this mask just half-face.

BatmanGoesToRio is offline   Reply With Quote