View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 02:52 PM   #73
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Default Re: Iron Man Hall of Armors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarex View Post
In general, the MCU characters are powered down by a considerable amount from their 616 counterparts, and appear to be more like their Ultimate Marvel versions. For example, Hulk in the MCU can leap hundreds of feet in the air, but cannot make mile long jumps like in the comics. Thor's greatest feat of strength in his debut film was tipping a heavy table, and I doubt we will ever see him travel through outer space unaided. MCU Cap is the only one who appears to have received a power boost, as he could punch through the window of a submerged sub and throw a Hydra soldier about 10 feet in the air.

In Iron Man 1 we saw Tony struggle to hold up a car, though he was powered by a primitive version of the arc reactor at the time. I would guess MCU Iron Man can lift about 5 tons, and double that amount with the "Igor" suit.
I'll agree. But I think its worth mentioning that from Mark 1 to Mark 2/3 theres a substantial power boost (obviously) and from Mark 4/5 to mark 6.

Mark 1 may be able to lift somewhere between .5 and 1 ton judging by the way he was punching through walls and how the prototype arc reactor was holding up lifting that car in the battle with Iron Monger

Fully powered Mark 2/3/4 probably around 2 tons and the average Mark after Mark 6 probably 4-5 tons.

"Igor" and the "Red Snapper" suits were built larger and more solidly for this purpose and probably both lift closer to 10 tons.

As for the rest?
Iron Monger ~ 2 tons
Whiplash (mk. 2) ~ 3-4 tons
War Machine ~ 2 tons
Captain America ~ 1 ton
Thor ~ 10-20 tons
Hulk ~ 25-50 tons

Hulk is probably the most difficult to read, just because I'm not sure how his power works. In the comics its based on his anger or even desperation. In the MCU they haven't really developed that at all. I say 50 tons is his absolute max at this point.

What I'd really like is more feats of pure strength. For instance, Thor has to hold up an entire train car over his head while people climb out of it. Or Hulk has to push a building over. **** like that.