View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 03:41 PM   #856
Kelly
The Teach!
SHH! Administrator

Default Re: Discussion: The Economy, Fiscal Cliff, National Debt, And Other Financial Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey1974 View Post
good.

I'll give you a perfect example - my Wal-Mart rarely puts out new DVD or Blu releases on the release date. hell, WM has a WrestleMania promo going on right now where they have a ton of disks for cheap to tie into the WWE event next weekend. this promo has been going on for nearly a month now at stores all over America. except,of course,mine, or any within 45 miles of me,that have not put any of this stuff out. Oh! and they did the same thing last year for that WrestleMania promo as well! guess that means more money that I WOULD spend at their store stays in my pocket.
Then apparently, they make more money on the WrestleMania stuff than they do on a new DVD or Blu ray release on the release date....so what? they are in the business to make money....that is what they are supposed to do.

I think that they have simply done what Starbucks did a while back....they over built and they are now paying for it......they will do what Starbucks did, what any good business would do....look at the stores that are making the most and cut those that are not...and they will come out just fine.