View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 05:02 PM   #930
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh8 View Post
I understand what you're saying, I just didn't agree with the X3 developments that you mentioned. Even if you consider that bad film-making, Singer is not to blame since he didn't make X3 (or Origins).
It's not bad filmmaking as such but it's not a seamless transition between X1/X2 and X3, partly because of the change in directors.

Quote:
The loss of Banshee and Havok could be interpreted as Singer trying to trim the cast. I don't think it was solely his decision to bring the two casts together. Fox must have been a little disappointed that the "preboot" didn't catch on with everyone so they probably asked for Wolverine (and maybe others) to be included in the next outing. And I imagine that's how DOFP got brought into the equation. So now they're left to trim the fat, so to speak.
I would guess that the somewhat disappointing/underperforming of First Class would indeed be a reason for DoFP to be taking shape the way it is. And that modest box office being low compared to the other X-Men movies would be one thing, but that modest box office against the performance of Avengers must have had Fox execs changing their underwear.

Quote:
I just think you shouldn't be too hasty to just say things will happen without adequate explanation... again, adequate is up to opinion. You said it yourself that the 11 years could be the explanation they end up using. I would be fine with that as long as they tie it in to what Xavier had (or had not) been doing in those years with respect to the school.
It has to be worth them considering what Xavier had been doing for 11 years.
He must have been doing something.

Firstly, he would need to have modifications done for his disability, such as elevators. He wouldn't really be able to find any students without Cerebro to track mutant runaways/orphans etc, and he wouldn't be able to run a proper school without having more teaching staff. At what point did he/will he build a new Cerebro, have the lower levels modified the way we saw them in the original trilogy, and get a new X-jet? At what point does he decide an X-Men taskforce/team is necessary?