View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 08:43 PM   #254
BatmanGoesToRio
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Joker (The Dark Knight) vs. Bane (TDKR)

Quote:
Originally Posted by milost View Post
A bulk/majority of the locations seem to be in Pittsburgh and LA anyway, so yeah, pretty strange. Pretty much a far cry from what was shown in Batman Begins. I always loved the grittiness of the city. The graffiti, the hazed, the rust colored look, the rain. It was great, they nailed the look there from the Narrows to central Gotham (where Bruce looks like a hooded bum, listening to conversations). It looked like a completely different city and world compared to later films. Atleast The Dark Knight was still in Chicago like Begins though. It was sort of like the jump from the Anton Furst Gotham from '89 (probably my favorite Gotham, Begins following second) to the Bo Welch Gotham. The two looked completely different. Returns even had that same atmospheric, blue glow cinematography that The Dark Knight has.
I loved the monorail in Begins - especially the inside of the trains. Graffitis, rotten -yes. The scene of Bruce and his parents sitting in the monorail was spot on. I missed that style of Gotham a lot in the sequels.

BatmanGoesToRio is offline   Reply With Quote