View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 10:40 AM   #45
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Default Re: Thor: The Dark World Trailer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
I'd love to see all of the Avengers at least slightly more powered up than they were in The Avengers.

Thor should have some strength feats, sure, but his should be different from Hulk type strength feats. Throwing cars and smashing through buildings is stuff I'd really only want to see Hulk do. I mean if he's lifting up a car to save someone's life then sure, but as a throwing weapon? Nah. I want Thor's strength to be shown in a more resourceful, unique and majestic way. Like say, some monster throws a giant boulder at Thor and then he just punches right through it. Thor's strength should look godly rather than beastly.
I fully agree. Hulk should just "SMASH" while Thor should have have some "cleaner" displays of strength.

I always felt that the animated Avengers show did a pretty good job of handling Thor's powers. He wasn't constantly just imposing his strength like Hulk would but he had some insane moments, like lowering Manhattan down safely. Not that I expect anything in the live action movies to be quite on that scale for any Avenger, but within it's own context it sets a good bar.

Mjölnir is offline   Reply With Quote