View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 01:40 PM   #29
Justin
Side-Kick

Default Re: Sam Raimi's Spider-Man Trilogy vs Christopher Nolan's Batman Trilogy

I've accidentally voted for Spiderman when I meant Batman.

Which saga did you enjoy more? Batman. By a long way.

Which Director do you think was more effective for you? Nolan. By a long way.

Who had the superior leading man? Batman. By a long way, but that isn't to say he couldn't have been better. But Maguire was such a miscast.

Which villains gripped you more? Norman and Harry Osborne were great. R'as, Crane were good. But Joker hands down best. Bane/talia/sandman/venom disappointing. Catwoman was far far better than I expected.

Did you dislike Mary Jane less than Rachel, more than Rachel, or did you want both characters to leap off of a cliff? I liked Rachel in BB (Katie Holmes) plenty. But when they changed actresses, I didn't like it. TDK Rachel and Mary Jane can go jump.

Overall, I had more expectations for Spiderman and am a bigger fan of Spiderman in general than I am Batman. Nolan exceeded my expectations with the excellent Begins and TDK and the above average/good TDKR. Raimi did ok with Spiderman 2 but the rest of it, I just hated McGuire, hated MJ, hated Venom. It was a let down. TASM is more up my street.

Justin is offline   Reply With Quote