View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 04:00 PM   #765
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

Default Re: Who should be the villain in an Avengers sequel? (Poll)

Quote:
Originally Posted by InternetPeople
I like you.

1. Is the MCU so convoluted that we need narrative efficiency? Are there too many characters occupying the MCU? Yeah, there's an easy story for Stark (no one should disagree with that) but is it necessary?

2. Marvel wants Edgar Wright because the like the story but if Mr. Wright didn't want to play by Marvel's rules and within Marvel's vision, then Mr. Wright wouldn't get the job. The MCU is Marvel's playground. They have a vision for how things will go. If Marvel doesn't see Ultron coming from Pym then so be it, but I think there would be a lot of furious comic book geeks and they will get really mad and, and, write letters or something.

I don't read the comics but that doesn't mean I want the MCU to stray too far from the comic roots. The reason the MCU works is because of the comic roots. Marvel can do what it wants with it's properties but why shoot themselves in the foot?
The fact this movie comes out after Avengers 2 kind of tells me that this will be about Hank Pym in the '60s leading into Lang and we won't get Hank and Janet in an Avengers movie. What people seem to be forgetting is that both stories (Pym and Lang's) are planned to take place in the past, because that's what interests Wright.

I'm Venom is offline   Reply With Quote