View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 06:08 PM   #20
Nemeres
Easy, miss. I've got you.

Default Re: Official Superman Returns Discussion

One of the (millions of) things that always bugged me about it was the bit when Superman takes Lois flying and he tells her that he hears everything. She was pretty pissed with him at this point for leaving, and after he says his "the world needs a savior" line, she just looks down and doesn't say anything, as if she's realized that it was wrong of her to write her article... when it was the PERFECT excuse to say "Oh great, Superman, then WHY THE HELL did you leave? My article was about how mankind should be able to move on and not be overly reliant on a guy who will leave whenever he wants, and without any warning, mind you. It was a perfectly valid point that I was making. How dare you try to make me feel bad about doing my job?"

Where's the realism? Where's the accurate portrayal of how actual discussions between people take place? Bear in my mind, the only excuse Superman had given her for leaving was "I had to see Krypton with my own eyes". I guess that's a great excuse for letting thousands die while he was gone. Not a good excuse, Superman. Or should I say, not good writing, Dougherty, Harris and Singer.

TUUUU-TUUUU-TUUUUUUUUUUU...
Nemeres is offline   Reply With Quote