View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 07:31 PM   #44
Nerd Supreme
Default Re: Robert Redford offically joins Cap:TWS

Originally Posted by 747 View Post
One word: Magnolia. Cruise is astoundingly great in it.
Yes, he was perfectly cast as the unlikable as$hole, I agree with that. but this is one single performance that stands out of a lot of crappy ones like

Collateral, Rain Man, Eyes Wide Shut, Tropic Thunder, Born on the Fourth of July etc.
Here in europe I feel he is very loved as an actor.
Might depend on what part of Europe you're from, because I know not one person around here who has anything good to say about him or his movies. Today I had a little conversation with my stepfather who even said he won't watch Oblivion because Cruise is in it. Even DiCaprio has more fans, probably because he slowly turns into a real actor and not just the Bieber of movies he was a decade ago.

But I digress. Redford is awesome and I think it's damn cool when old cool hollywood cats like him take roles in superhero movies.
I agree. He might be the most awesome actor in a superhero movie ever. His casting alone made Cap 2 the most anticipated Phase 2 movie for me and I'm a huge Thor fan

It wasn't Marvel Studios that made me a Marvel Zombie, it was every other movie studio failing at making superhero movies as good as them!

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

R_Hythlodeus is offline   Reply With Quote