View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 07:54 PM   #78
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Default Re: Iron Man Hall of Armors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsor Blast View Post
oh well, iron man seems stronger to me than that. the effortlessness in which he punched that guy and sent him flying says a lot i reckon. thor is almost as strong as hulk i thought given their fight in the avengers? he could go toe to toe with him. i agree about cap though, except in the avengers he seemed nerfed compared to TFA.
You'll notice my speculation about Thor and Hulk are the most vague.

I think it's worth pointing out that Thor has a lot more going for him than pure strength and thats why Hulk has to be the absolute "strongest there is." Thor has:
1. a mythical weapon that allows him to call lightning storms and fly
2. hundreds of years of fighting skills versus all manner of epic beasties
3. more thoughtful and strategic mind than the Hulk, as well as less rage

Thats why he could go toe to toe with the Hulk, at least temporarily.

It might also be worth mentioning that Iron Man went toe to toe with Thor. He has quite a different set of skills as well:
1. much faster and versatile power of flight than Thor
2. genius level intelligence and capability of statistical foresight
3. armor that protects him from pain that would slow others down

That's why Iron Man could probably also engage Hulk in battle. On a long enough time line, he would likely lose the battle, but with preparation and knowledge of the situation, he might stand a chance of diffusing the situation.

Captain America also felt confident that he could take on Stark in the suit. And wanted him to put it on so they could "go a few rounds" Caps got a couple things going for him too:
1. Probably the most tactical mind on the team. More battle experience
2. Tenacity and confidence. He would keep fighting til his last breath

That being said, Cap would probably also take on The Hulk, even knowing he would lose. His desire to protect the innocent would outweigh any will to survive he had.