View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 08:01 PM   #938
MarvelU
Side-Kick

Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
....I'm not surprised about Banshee and most likely Havok not popping up.

When it comes to the X-Films, Fox only cares about Wolverine, Professor X, and Magneto. Mystique has been lucky: not only has her cinematic incarnation been a fan pleasing character, now she's being portrayed by an oscar winning actress, which is the same reason why Storm gets some scraps. Everyone else is either a walking special effect or a plot device used when the filmmakers wanna convey a specific idea, and they don't mind changing the character to suit their whims.

Also, I dont think Scott, Jean, and Ororo will pop up in the early 70's. Singer's OT is supposed to take place in the later part of the 2000's, and Xavier dosent find Scott and Jean until they late 70's/80's. Then again, there have been so many contradictions anyway.
Indeed, since Xavier is still walking with a bald head when he meets a young Jean Grey in X-men TLS, but is paralyzed at the end of First Class with hair. I say keep young Jean, Cyclops, and Storm out to avoid more of these contradictions that will make watching all these films in order even more confusing.