View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 08:40 PM   #187
Kaleb
2010 SHHFFL Champ

Default Re: Psycho prequel series "Bates Motel"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlosser85 View Post
Just started watching this today and caught up on the first 2 episodes.

Not totally grabbing me so far, and I'm still looking forward more to Hannibal, but moderately interesting, although at times a little too formulaic.

It's eerie how much Freddie Highmore recalls a very young Anthony Perkins. Vera Farmiga is good. The series does a good job suggesting the creepy incestuous undertones between them without making it too overt.

What's with the whole town being weird though? I hope they don't take that aspect too over-the-top.

I have bad vibes about the life expectancies of Dylan, Deputy Shelby, and Emma.

I suspect Sheriff Romero might be the serial killer chaining and injecting the girl. Shelby said Romero and Keith Summers grew up together, so maybe partners-in-crime?

The attractive popular girls being instantaneously so interested in someone as nerdy and awkward as Norman is a little far-fetched.

I was a little surprised they went that far with the kitchen scene in the premiere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eklypze View Post
Freddie Highmore really is ****ing awesome as Norman. He really seems like he's quite the disturbed youngster.
agreed, I battled to buy into him in the first episode, but he sold me in this scene in the 2nd episode .

Kaleb is offline   Reply With Quote