View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 02:14 AM   #946
josh8
Side-Kick

Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
Also, keep 1970s versions of Cyclops, Storm, and Jean out. This film is already balancing younger versions of Professor X, Magneto, Beast, and Mystique, as well as future versions of Professor X, Magneto, Wolverine, Storm, Rogue, Kitty Pryde, Iceman, and Colossus, with newcomers, Boo Boo Stewart, Fan BingBing, Omar Sy, as well as villains Peter Dinklage, the sentinels, and possibly Apocalypse. That is more than enough.
I'm not too worried since I don't think Fan Bingbing, Omar Sy, and Booboo Stewart have super significant roles. In X2, there were peripheral speaking characters like the prison guard, the President, and Stryker's assault team leader. Characters like Nightcrawler, Pyro, and Deathstrike were supporting but had a few moments to shine. Some supporting characters even got too much focus (cough... Bobby... cough). So it was also a huge cast, but overall pretty balanced.

In DOFP, I figure the OT team really won't be developed much further but hopefully each will have at least a few scenes/character moments so we can get a sense of how they've grown from last we saw them. And of course the Sentinels!

The time traveler (or travelers) will probably have a significant role. That leaves the focus on McAvoy, Fassbender, Lawrence, and Hoult in the 70s. Dinklage will be the main villain. And maybe a few surprise characters.

On a side note, I JUST remembered Angel Salvatore and how nobody has mentioned her character not returning hahahahaha!