View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 10:19 PM   #870
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,290
Default Re: Discussion: The Economy, Fiscal Cliff, National Debt, And Other Financial Issues

I don't know why people put so much stock into gold. (heh, unintended pun)

It's just another commodity. And because it's traded so heavily and used as a financial back up, it sometimes considered a currency.

Plus, most of the value of gold comes not from its useful properties, but from it's use in jewelry and fine art. In essence, luxuries.

And if anything takes a hit during down times, it's luxuries.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline