View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 11:50 PM   #789
Ant-manic
Banned User

Default Re: Who should be the villain in an Avengers sequel? (Poll)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
You said so yourself: it'd be just like Batman. ZOMG NERDRAGE COPYCAT yadda yadda yadda. Stark keeping secret files on his teammates is redundant in the MCU because (a) Nick Fury already has that avenue of paranoia well-covered; and (b) unlike Batman, Iron Man doesn't *need* to know the achilles heels of his comrades to take them out ---- he can (and does) just build a suit specially designed for that use (i.e., Hulkbuster, Thorbuster).

And the Avengers don't need to start getting paranoid about each other. They're "superfriends" now. From what I can see of IM3 so far, the paranoia Tony is experiencing is directed at the *bad guys* of this universe, not the *good guys.* He trusts Hulk and Thor (maybe more than he should). His personality might clash with Cap, but he has no real reason to hate, fear, or mistrust him --- he's freakin' Saint Steve Rogers. And fear or mistrust the SHIELD "help," like Tasha or Clint or Fury or Hill...? Not even worthy of his consideration.

We're still a long, long way from any kind of "Civil War" in the MCU. No need to start planting those seeds yet. If ever.

....And what was that all about....? Janet Van Dyne. i.e., Oedipus issues. That whole schtick wouldn't have worked at all without Janet and Hank playing Mommy and Daddy to their unruly "child."
what was that about? i totally didn't get that story. Ultron's motives were not explained. it didn't really look that much like Jan. and Pym did not even appear in the story. Ultron just played killer robot in that story.

Ant-manic is offline   Reply With Quote