View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 05:16 AM   #148
hopefuldreamer
Clark Kent > Superman

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
Why is nobody discussing this? It seemingly confirms the Phantom Zone and Zod's imprisonment in it (S2 much?!?) tells us Zod is a WARRIOR from a generation of warriors, tells us that he leads a small band of Kryptonians (ok we knew this but still...) in search of a new home, hints that some of Supes powers will only develop once he uncovers the link to Krypton and finds the suit and confirms that Jor-El will be a leading scientist on Krypton.

Discuss.
Sorry, but none of that is particularly news to me... I mean, it's cool to read, but it's not like some massive insight into the plot that we didn't already know for us to get excited about.

And the bolded, I didn't read it that way at all. It just says he doesn't realise his full potential (like, as a hero), not that he doesn't develop all his powers

'In Elseworlds, super-heroes are taken from their usual settings and put into strange times and places - some that have existed, and others that can't, couldn't or shouldn't exist. The result is stories that make characters who are as familiar as yesterday seem as fresh as tomorrow.'