View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 12:43 AM   #81
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Red face Re: The Reboot Joker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
I don't know what their plan is, but here's what I hope happens if a reboot is on the table.

Joker HAS to fall in the chemicals. Batman has to have a hand in it.

Because the one complaint I have with Nolan's Joker is that he was not Batman's monster. Sure, there is the argument that Heath's Joker was inspired.

But it wasn't the same as the comics. It wasn't as effective.

Joker is Batman's responsibility. Shocking, but true.

For every kill Joker makes, Batman knows the blood is on his hands. Joker is showing him in the most harshest way he can, that he is his child. Batman planted the seed, and the chemicals gave birth.

Joker is Batman's creation. His monster. His child.

That makes the relationship all the more deeper when Joker points this out. And Batman feels that guilt.
There is no solid evidence whatsoever that the Joker fell into a vat of chemicals let alone that Batman dropped him in one. That origin is one of the many origins the Joker has in the comics but we don't know if it's true. The Joker's true origin is a complete mystery so we can't say for sure that Batman is directly responsible for creating the Joker in that sense.

Batman did however attract the Joker into Gotham City or at least inspired him to become the man we know him today that wants to share his insanity with the world. He exists and does what he does because he is attracted to Batman (not in the way you think lol) and finds him fun to be around. That's why the Joker appears in Gotham shortly after Bruce becomes Batman and why Bruce feels responsible for the Joker's debut in the first place.

TDK nailed all of that.

Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote