View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 03:06 AM   #797
fixxxer
Side-Kick

Default Re: Who should be the villain in an Avengers sequel? (Poll)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Let's put the IM3 "deep space S.O.S." rumor on hold for now. So far, the "Gemini" armor (actual name for it) seems to be used only for the climactic "Iron Legion" battle in IM3, and the recent official write-up on the Gemini armor shows it as an orbital space suit, not a deep space one. (Not to mention there's the "little" problem of FTL travel that hasn't been invented yet in the MCU to occasion a true deep space armor.) Until someone can actually confirm there's a GOTG tie-in at the end of IM3, I'm sending that particular rumor to the "shenanigans" backburner.
Oh, agreed. At this point I'm taking all spoilers with a rather large dash of salt. That was just me spitballing with some semi-fanfic based on a hypothetical rumor. 'Twas all in fun.
Quote:
Also, regarding the Gauntlet: people have theorized that the one in Odin's treasury doesn't have the actual gems, or might be missing one or two. The actual screenshot says otherwise, of course --- they're all there, glowing nice and magically and all that --- plus, it makes no sense for Odin to put a powerless Gauntlet on display. The Cask was definitely fully powered, so it's perfectly reasonable to assume that everything else in Odin's toy box works as advertised, too.
Again, agreed... kinda. They 'could' say that the gauntlet was not assembled in Odin's Vault, but the gems in them are not the 'real' infinity gems. Again, it would be complicating the issue a bit, but still, I just thought that a reverse heist movie would work in the context of GoTG. Instead of the team trying to pull off heists, the team would be attempting to stop the heist(s) being pulled off.
Quote:
And my counter-theory for Thanos and the IG in the MCU: Thanos has been after the Gauntlet in Odin's Treasury all along. He merely manipulated Loki (Loki didn't realize it at the time) into a failed battle for Earth, which resulted in the Cube being returned to Asgard. With the Cube in Asgard, Thanos now has the "in" to Odin's Treasury that he was after all along....i.e., he used the attack on Earth as just a ruse. He wanted Loki to lose, so that the Cube would be returned to Asgard to open up that cosmic avenue into the Treasury.
Yes, I believe this is the current Averngers-based theory du jour among us MCU obsessives. I will not be disappointed at all if they went this route.

fixxxer is offline   Reply With Quote