View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 09:02 AM   #380
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Default Re: The Look of the Turtles

Quote:
Originally Posted by scifiwolf View Post
Since Avatar, the presentation of Hulk being continually refined over the last few movies, the work on LotR, and Rise of the Planet of the Apes, I'm not terribly concerned about the turtles' looks with regard to the CGI quality. It'll also come down to the design of the turtles themselves. Textures and color choices can make or break them, regardless of how good the effects are. There's also the cinematography. Looking at the 1990 film, or the gameplay from the upcoming release, they look amazing in a gritty setting with somewhat low levels of lighting.

As for the look and design, I'm hoping for something along the lines of the current IDW run.
TBH, the Hulk's CGI wasn't refined that much over the course of his last 3 movie appearances.

The thing is, there was a drop off in quality with TIH because ILM didn't do the CG work. But if you compare ILM's work on Hulk to there work in The Avengers, there isn't much difference. We get a very real looking Hulk in both as compared to TIH where he looks borderline cartoony at times. No offense to Rhythm and Hues though. They are good, but their work in TIH wasn't very good IMO. I blame the design mostly.

I would say that the CG work in this film will likely be done by ILM or Weta, so we can expect solid CGI on the Turtles.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer