View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 09:17 AM   #703
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Default Re: The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - Par

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Both could have definitely been handled better, as I said Raimi could have handled it better, but they are still viewed as Raimi's mistakes, not Arad's.

And the Sandman retcon, however you want to tell it to give it some sense will always bug me. It would be perfectly fine to let Peter already have beaten his "first villain" with Ben's killer.
That's what bothers me the most about the Sandman thing, which is that it cheapens everything that happened in the first film. Peter essentially went after the wrong guy and lead to the death of the wrong guy. It makes him look completely bad, without actually addressing that issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
the weird thing for me is I saw it at a midnight showing and the audience seemed to respond to it like they liked it...I was stunned to wake up the next day and discover it was hated
Yeah, I saw the midnight show as well, and I remember loving it. I even went to school the next day and told all my friends that it was the best Spidey movie ever. I even went to the theater with them later that day and saw it. Some of them didn't like it, but I still had the impression that it was great.

I think sometimes, you just get a better read of a film the more time that passes after you watch it. Like I loved Superman Returns when I first saw it, but now I can see how bad it was, especially since I've gotten more into the character since. But overall, personally, I've never been the type of person to be critical about something right away. I never nitpick while I'm watching a movie for the first time.