View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 11:21 AM   #706
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Default Re: The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - Par

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
There is only one thing I don't like in the first Spider-Man movie, the meeting of the Oscorp board of directors:
Norman is happy, the company is at its best in a while, and the fools he was thrilled to tell that to them said it was an even more good reason to sell the company to Quest

Not specialized in business, but I'm pretty sure it's usually the other way around, the stronger company buys the one falling, and the one falling does other things to raise their revenues and not buy other companies
Yeah, it seemed to make sense in the movie, but its never really explained why. They just said that Quest was rebuilding after the bombing, and in doing so, they decided to buy Oscorp. And now that I think about it, Norman killed them before they could announce the sale, but I'd imagine that they wouldn't be announcing it unless the deal was already done, so why didn't Quest intervene, unless it was more of a verbal agreement?