View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 03:49 PM   #707
Leenie
Make Up!

Default Re: The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - Par

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
the weird thing for me is I saw it at a midnight showing and the audience seemed to respond to it like they liked it...I was stunned to wake up the next day and discover it was hated
Same thing happened to me when I saw it at midnight. The movie theater was packed, and the audience was very receptive throughout the entire film. Even during the Beatnik!Peter (he's NOT an emo, people! I maintain that he's a beatnik ) stuff, the audience laughed in a positive way. When the movie ended, and the credits started rolling, the audience applauded pretty enthusiastically.

When I walked out of the theater that night, I thought to myself, "I liked it, but it has its problems and it's definitely the worst of the three." I was kind of surprised when I saw Facebook explode the next day with the vitriol people had for the movie, though. I remember being in a Facebook group called "Spider-Man 3 is going to be awesome!" in anticipation for the film's release. The morning after seeing it at midnight, the group's profile picture was photoshopped with the words "It sucked!" or something like that.

One thing I'll never forget when I saw Spider-Man 3 though: The way the audience reacted to Peter and New Goblin's fight. When Aunt May's ring went loose, I remember the audience almost shouting "OH NO! THE RING!" I think that really shows how good Raimi was with the first two Spider-Man movies. He made characters that people were really invested in.

(6) Captain America: The Winter Soldier, (7) Guardians Of The Galaxy, (8) Kick-Ass,
(9) Batman (89)
(10) Captain America: The First Avenger