View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 07:05 PM   #82
RAINMAKER
Side-Kick

Default Re: Bane's place in the rogues gallery post-Rises

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc View Post
It's not a loose term at all, the facts of film one and two were Batman was never physically beaten. There's no denying that, he was challenged by Ra's and maybe Ra's could have beaten him but he didn't,
He beat him in Wayne Manor. He didn't physically beat him down like Bane, but he didn't need to nor could he because of the fire. Bruce would've died if it weren't for Alfred.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc View Post
The Joker challenged him psychologically but was never in any dangers of getting beaten in a fight with him, at no point throughout films one and two was Batman in any real personal danger from any of those characters physically.
He was stabbed by the Joker and could've died. I get he won't beat Batman in a fist fight, but his life was in danger from his encounter with the Joker. This is where I'm coming from. This is my whole argument.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Then by that logic just about every villain in Batman's rogues gallery has been a physical threat to him at some time or another.
The pics say it all. Yes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Do you really think that when anyone thinks which villain is a physical challenge for Batman they think of the likes of Penguin, Joker and Riddler?
No, that's not my point. When people say a "physical threat", I cringe. I think a better term would be "physically imposing". But that's just me. And yes, Bane was that but Ra's, Joker, Zsasz and scarecrow weren't. If that term was used, I wouldn't be complaining about it.

I'll give you guys the last word if you'd like and I'll give it a rest.

Last edited by RAINMAKER; 04-04-2013 at 07:08 PM.
RAINMAKER is offline   Reply With Quote