View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 09:18 PM   #78
Bane Cook
Side-Kick

Default Re: In hindsight what changes would you do - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
That post was addressed to those that try to argue that the Venom drug could not work in the Nolanverse, not to Nolan and the production crew.

On the topic of it working better, I disagree. I think having the Venom drug would've made much more sense and would've worked better for 2 reasons:

1) We see Bane destroying a pillar and break the back of a guy wearing armor all with his bare hands. No human being can do realistically that. Him having an enhanced drug like the Venom drug or any other sort of advanced steroid would've helped it made more sense for why he could do all those things realistically speaking.

2) The Venom drug is an example of Bane's physical, mental, and emotional strength. Many of the people that the Santa Prisca scientists experimented on have died from the Venom drug. Then they brought Bane in because they considered him to be the perfect man for the job. The fact that he was able to not only survive the drug but have the ability to control it is what made him so terrifying and worthy of an opponent to Batman to begin with. That is more impressive than a guy on pain meds that would presumably die not too long after you separate him from the meds IMHO.
Yea I like this.

Plus I think it's dumb how Bane is almost a cripple without the gas, but then is all of a sudden superior to Batman on the gas. If anything the gas would just get him back to normal. He should have not had the back injury, but instead use the gas to elevate his normal state even higher. Then when Batman takes away his gas, Bane loses the fight because:

Batman's normal > Bane's normal

Bane Cook is offline   Reply With Quote