View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 09:56 PM   #80
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Default Re: In hindsight what changes would you do - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
The funny thing is I thought it made sense in a way that Bane punches through the pillar AFTER Batman breaks the mask. He's like a wild animal at that point, completely unhinged and in some ways, even more dangerous.

He's not weaker without the mask, he goes into more of a berserker mode, but he's also sloppier. Batman won because he kept his composure and was more calculating in the second fight. As opposed to him just being weaker after Batman severs a venom tube.

It's all a matter of taste, but I thought movie Bane was an improvement and had more layers to him thematically. I've already had that debate with other posters though and don't feel like rehashing it.
Fair enough.

Quote:
Shikamaru, I respect your opinions, but we see TDKR so differently I don't even know where to start. Frankly I'm a bit exhausted from debating this film. No matter how many paragraphs either of us throw at it, no minds are getting changed between the two of us. I think Bruce picked the perfect time to retire. Gotham needs to rebuild, rebuilding on its own will help strengthen it from within. Kinda like how New York bounced back after 9/11, but on a much larger scale. I think the whole point is it's now up to Blake. Bruce doesn't know or not whether he'll want to be a vigilante, that's the whole point. But he needed someone to entrust the secrets of the Batcave too otherwise it'd be lost forever. The debate just spins on and on.
I know how you feel. I'm getting to a point where I'm getting really burned out of debating TDKR as well. I was actually sick of debating this film for a while now until a debate with Anno about it got me to like debating about the movie again and now I'm starting to get burned out again.

It's funny how the first thing we both said to each other when we first met was how tired we were of the whole TDKR debate even though we see the film in such different ways. lol

To clear one thing up though, I actually don't hate TDKR as much as you would think I do. I think the movie is ok and I do like a lot of things about it but I when I say that the movie is "bad", I don't mean that it is bad in the same way how something like Batman & Robin or the Transformers trilogy is bad. I mean that the movie is "bad" going by the standard set by the first 2 films and by the standard that the film is trying to set for itself.

Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote