View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 12:06 AM   #82
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Default Re: In hindsight what changes would you do - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
It's all good. I have no problem with you at all Shika. You've always presented your views on the film in a respectful, reasonable and non-antagonistic way. If I ever got heated in any of our debates, it wasn't personal at all, just my passion for the movie coming out. It's fun for a while, but I think there's a point you can reach where it gets a bit old and both of us can probably already anticipate what the other is going to say next. The Joker and I reached this point many months ago, and now we rarely get entangled in debates and when we interact it tends to be regular discussion or agreeing with one another.

And to be fair, when I made that post a couple weeks back or whenever it was, I was kind of in "debate" mode too thanks to milost reigniting everything for a bit. Now things have cooled down again and I'm fine with that.
I'm very happy to hear you think that. I sometimes feel that I sound a bit too harsh and antagonistic in my posts. I'm glad I don't come off as that. As for you, I never got the impression that you were ever heated during our discussions. Quite the opposite actually. You always seem more calm than a lot of users here (that's not to say that most people here sound angry or disrespectful).

If you think about it, we have had the exact same arguments since last July. Nothing has changed for the most part. People arguing about whether or not stuff got contradicted, the 8 year gap, how Bruce gets back to Gotham, the ending, the knee brace, John Blake, etc. That's probably why we feel so burned out by this point. Some of us even sound like we are going crazy at this point, and insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results AKA using the same arguments over and over again and expecting to win the debate this time .

At the same time though, there is nothing else to talk about which is why we keep resorting to the same arguments about the same movie over and over again. At least with the previous movies, we knew we would get a sequel and we would balance out the discussions about the latest Batman movie with speculation on the next movie, whatever the next movie was at the time. But in this case, we don't know in which direction Batman in live-action is going, whether or not it will be rebooted, or even how long it will be till the next Batman film comes so there is sadly nothing to talk about but TDKR. We are basically stuck in limbo. The TDKR debates will probably die down when Man of Steel comes out. I'm assuming it's going to get our minds off TDKR for a while.

Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote