View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 03:22 AM   #410
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Default Re: Ok Guys...Shall we talk DVD/Blu-ray? - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Even before they had decided to cut it out of the film, I still don't even know why they took time to shoot the scenes with the Policeman using the alien gun or the shots of the waitress just walking aimlessly around the streets, let alone picking up the broken pair of glasses inside the bank. I felt like there was no point to any of those scenes really.

If anything, the only part that I liked about the waitress's deleted scene was that there were a few more shots of the film showing some more direct casualties taking place during the attack.
I think those made sense when they had the original opening scene for Cap still in. What is jarring is the shots of the waitress in the final film without those other scenes. I think they would have worked, as none of the other characters seem to be in a warzone. She could have conveyed that, including the shots of others being hurt and killed.

The broken pair of glasses, I thought that was simply a shot to show what was planned for the victims. Does it mean something else?