View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 07:22 AM   #115
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Default Re: Robert Redford offically joins Cap:TWS

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
I think if you asked 100 people age 22 or less if they've heard of the Sundance Film Festival, or The Natural, A River Runs Through It, The Horse Whisperer, Spy Game, Out of Africa, Ordinary People, or Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, *all* of them are going to find *at least* one of his movies that click.
Right that's not the point I was making, I know a few of those things by name but I couldn't tell you much about them or name the actors in them. I know Sundance is an Indie Film festival (I think), and Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid is a Western flick that I see on Netflix all the time but never have watched. (yet)

But I'm not trying to stir up any debate about Mr. Redford or any fans out there, I don't want to belittle his acting career or anything like that in the slightest. I was just expressing how it doesn't seem weird to me that I don't know who he is based on his current acting career which is slim and my interest in older movies that he would be in, which is also slim. But I do plan on watching a few because I'd hate to be missing out on something I should have seen.

Blazing Saddles is something that this situation makes me think of, it's a film that my Dad loves and always told me to watch, but I thought no it's going to be a dumb old people humor type film and boy was I wrong. That movies got me to watch a bunch more of Mel Brooks' stuff and by extension Gene Wilder. That's why although I know nothing of Redford now, I do plan on watching his big films and testing the waters.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
mkilban2 is offline   Reply With Quote