View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 09:40 AM   #729
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Default Re: Why is everyone slamming TDKR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
Absolute agree. I like the first half quite a lot. Once Blake finishes his questioning of Selina it drops off. Pacing is an issue. Tightening things up would’ve helped I think.

As said, the pit scenes with Bruce are fine, but they’re withheld too much for my liking as the Gotham siege dominates. Which drags and is dull. I would’ve preferred more consistent time on Bruce, with his scenes closer together. I sort of feel instead of building up and up the Gotham scenario, get on with it.

And yep, Selina is thrown in jail, so the film is without spunk for that portion. Something extra for her would’ve been nice. Perhaps handling scene transitions differently. In prison eating a meal, on her own with the men on the side, on their own. The speakers begin to blurt out Bane’s speech and its on. Or something. And even showing her walking out of jail in the orange jumpsuit looking determined, which there is a publicity still of. I wonder if any footage of that exists?

Also, yes, the orphans/bridge scene gets in the way of what should be a tight, all out final conflict. Would’ve liked to have seen more Batman fighting Bane.
Well said

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnarTheGreat View Post
The other thing I don't like about the Blake interruptions during the climax is that Blake is given one task by Batman and he totally fails at it. So we're seeing proto-Batman here totally suck at his one job...and we have to be shown this during a cool pursuit sequence. It's just all disconnected and disappointing. It's a pretty over-elaborate way to show Blake giving up on being a policeman.
Exactly. It was an annoying boring distraction from the more intense stuff going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by batfreakforever View Post
Jett on Batman On Film.com has said that fanboys are just a piss in the ocean when it comes to the target audience for these films, is this true people?
The day you start believing Jett is the day you should start believing pigs fly.

- The Joker