View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 02:01 PM   #120
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Default Re: Robert Redford offically joins Cap:TWS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
Right that's not the point I was making, I know a few of those things by name but I couldn't tell you much about them or name the actors in them. I know Sundance is an Indie Film festival (I think), and Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid is a Western flick that I see on Netflix all the time but never have watched. (yet)

But I'm not trying to stir up any debate about Mr. Redford or any fans out there, I don't want to belittle his acting career or anything like that in the slightest. I was just expressing how it doesn't seem weird to me that I don't know who he is based on his current acting career which is slim and my interest in older movies that he would be in, which is also slim. But I do plan on watching a few because I'd hate to be missing out on something I should have seen.

Blazing Saddles is something that this situation makes me think of, it's a film that my Dad loves and always told me to watch, but I thought no it's going to be a dumb old people humor type film and boy was I wrong. That movies got me to watch a bunch more of Mel Brooks' stuff and by extension Gene Wilder. That's why although I know nothing of Redford now, I do plan on watching his big films and testing the waters.
Good for you, dude. Can't blame you for being born in the 90s. He stars in a good number of movies on Netflix right now. I'll warn you that many of them are slower cooked movies, as they all were back in the 60s and 70s, but they're solid films, and that's a big reason why he is highly respected among moviegoers who know his work. It's too bad The Sting and Sneakers aren't available right now--those are two of my favorite heist films starring Redford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
I prefer Redford to be someone who encountered Winter Soldier back in his prime, and although he's head of SHIELD now, is brought in because of his experience in dealing with him. Or perhaps he takes a personal interest in this because he's been hunting WS with an obsession like Moby Dick all these years. That's perhaps the only reason he gets involved whereas he normally wouldn't.

Would be cool if his obsession spurs him on to take over the case from Fury because he outranks him, and then clashes with Fury and Cap because of this. Maybe Fury is more detached emotionally, but Redford is personally involved. In the end though, maybe Redford could realise that he has to step aside for the best interests of the case and allow Cap to do his job and to let Fury take the lead.
That's a cool idea, though I don't know how I feel about Fury being emotionally detached. A good guess is that there will be tension between Fury and Redford's character, so if Fury doesn't even care, I don't think you get that same conflict.

spideymouse is offline   Reply With Quote