View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 09:57 PM   #92
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Default Re: In hindsight what changes would you do - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
We should be honest with ourselves...The Dark Knight Rises didn't stray much off from the source material either besides Bruce Wayne leaving Gotham City for good.
That's the main thing about TDKR hurts it as a Batman movie IMO. Him quitting like that at the end and the message behind the whole ending comes off as the exact opposite of what Batman would do and of what Batman is about. Not as a "different take" or "own spin" or anything like that but literally the exact opposite of everything that Batman is about. I've covered this multiple times already so I won't get into it again.

This is all just my opinion, of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackWhite View Post
A lot of people have even said that TDKR is the most "comic-booky" of Nolan's three bat-films. I personally hate the term. It's always going to be a comic book film, because that is what the source material is based from. But that doesn't mean it can't think outside the box and be a damn great film.
Exactly. Well said. I hate the term too. Those fans are simplifying the comic book medium to a genre as opposed to a medium. They are saying that anything that doesn't involve guys in tights in a lighthearted story is an invalid comic book movie.

I made a thread regarding this topic:
http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=449593

Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote