View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 09:51 PM   #740
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Default Re: Why is everyone slamming TDKR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Aside from your views on Bane which I won't debate about as we've both been through that many times beforehand, lol, if you don't mind Bruce passing the mantle down, what was the reason of you not wanting Blake to be used?
He was boring, and all of his scenes dragged the movie down. Furthermore I said I don't mind the mantle being passed on. I never said it was my top choice of ending for the trilogy. If they were doing the passing on of the mantle, I wish they'd done it with a more interesting character and in a more interesting way. I never understood why Bruce was convinced beyond a reasonable doubt that Blake was worthy. At least when he had Dent in mind as the city's hero he made him prove himself first by seeing if he could wrangle all those convictions of the mob by giving him Lau. And he did.

I didn't give a damn about Blake. I thought he was a Mary Sue type character and stole screen time that more interesting characters like Selina deserved more.

- The Joker

Last edited by The Joker; 04-05-2013 at 10:03 PM.