View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 11:28 PM   #93
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Default Re: In hindsight what changes would you do - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackWhite View Post
A lot of people have even said that TDKR is the most "comic-booky" of Nolan's three bat-films. I personally hate the term. It's always going to be a comic book film, because that is what the source material is based from. But that doesn't mean it can't think outside the box and be a damn great film.
It goes both ways too actually. I hate the idea that TDKR gets called the most "comic-booky" of Nolan's trilogy and I hate when people say TDK isn't a CBM, lol. It sort of kinda flows hand in hand with the idea that TDKR holds all of these flaws and yet no one can look at TDK's flaws, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
That's the main thing about TDKR hurts it as a Batman movie IMO. Him quitting like that at the end and the message behind the whole ending comes off as the exact opposite of what Batman would do and of what Batman is about. Not as a "different take" or "own spin" or anything like that but literally the exact opposite of everything that Batman is about. I've covered this multiple times already so I won't get into it again.

This is all just my opinion, of course.
Your opinion and I can respect it, but I feel like you're overlooking that this take fits Nolan's Batman to a T, so saying it goes against anything that Batman would do, while it makes sense by looking at the comics Batman, or Batman from Batman:TAS, it's fine with Nolan's take of the character. It might have seem different from the view of Batman Begins, but we got hints of Bruce wanting to create a symbol and then moving on from Batman in TDK. While it's rattled with the idea that Bruce needs Batman during TDKR, he still had to move on to fulfill the idea that was continued in the two previous films.

Last edited by Anno_Domini; 04-05-2013 at 11:33 PM.
Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote