View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 12:20 AM   #5
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games

Default Re: Snipes is out of prison- Time to bring back Blade?

Quote:
Originally Posted by semper View Post
Because he's a good actor, and the character is iconic and popular? It will enhance things, because they already know Blade works onscreen, as played by Snipes. Also, there has been a lack of minority/African-American heroes in the marvel film universe that can carry their own movie, and since Black Panther doesn't look like he'll be arriving anytime soon, Blade is probably the only other proven option (who knows if Luke Cage will work or not).

And give me a break. Robert Downey jr is a convicted felon, serial offender and long term drug addict whose crimes and transgressions are about a thousand times worse than Snipes not paying some of his taxes. Yet Downey jr is the flagship leader of Marvel's "family target audience" as Iron Man. Downey jr got given a chance by Marvel, after decades of criminal behavior. Snipes is an Angel by comparison.

Snipes has done his time and paid for his (minor) crime. As long as he delivers the goods onscreen, I doubt anyone will care.
Okay I give you the bit about RDJ but, Blade still wouldn't enhance the MCU especially not with Snipes playing the character. First and foremost Blade and especially not Snipes' Blade is not a family oriented character. And Feige has said it many times the movies he's making right now are films he can go see with his kids. That's why he and Whedon didn't up the violence in Avengers like Nolan's Dark Knight series (he even made that reference). Blade wouldn't fit in the MCU as it is now. Now if they expand that into a MCU Knights type of thing than yes by all means bring him on but as of the MCU now no.