View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 01:27 AM   #43
semper
Side-Kick

Default Re: MCU: Phase II - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter View Post
^ If Marvel made movies out of properties like Iron Man and Thor, they're not going to relegate the likes of Daredevil and The Punisher to the small screen; I could possibly see them doing a Blade TV series in lieu of a film, but think they'd ultimately opt to bring Blade to the big screen because doing so would give their universe some diversity and appeal to a broader swath of the general audience than would a film starring someone like, say, Black Panther or Luke Cage.
That's kind of ridiculous.

To me, Luke Cage's problem has nothing to do with him being black. It's because his powers are kind of boring (invulnerable/strong), he's got no interesting visual concept (ie a great costume), and there's really not much "hook" to sell him as a unique character. He's basically a tough guy that beats up street level drug dealers. He hasn't even got an interesting rogues gallery. He might work in tandem with Iron Fist, but I'm not sure he's a strong enough solo concept.

Black Panther done correctly should be a slam dunk. Cool concept, interesting tech/powers combo, awesome visual design. Batman/James Bond meets Coming To America. He's just a cinematic/escapist character with an interesting hook. Blank Panther should absolutely have a broad audience appeal.

Last edited by semper; 04-06-2013 at 01:31 AM.
semper is offline   Reply With Quote