View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 01:29 PM   #94
raynorWilm
Kick-Side

Default Re: In hindsight what changes would you do - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Your opinion and I can respect it, but I feel like you're overlooking that this take fits Nolan's Batman to a T, so saying it goes against anything that Batman would do, while it makes sense by looking at the comics Batman, or Batman from Batman:TAS, it's fine with Nolan's take of the character. It might have seem different from the view of Batman Begins, but we got hints of Bruce wanting to create a symbol and then moving on from Batman in TDK. While it's rattled with the idea that Bruce needs Batman during TDKR, he still had to move on to fulfill the idea that was continued in the two previous films.
This is a great point regarding comparisons between mediums. I feel like we all get caught up in comparing the movies to comics to television, etc. As long as we all can agree that the Bruce Wayne "story" is ongoing then we can hopefully agree that no medium is "wrong." Traditionally, yes, we have a good idea of what Bruce Wayne is about, but I hope we can still continue to stretch the character down different paths while still accepting him as Bruce Wayne.

1979 - 2008
raynorWilm is offline   Reply With Quote