View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 03:49 PM   #104
kedrell
ThatsAlotOfNuts!!

Default Re: What's your worst fear regarding MOS?

That they spend too much time on the origin. This isn't in the same position as Batman Begins was. Nolan was lucky enough for Burton to have never covered the origin so he had an easy and obvious way in to the mythos that would surely set his version apart. MoS doesn't have that luxury. We've seen Superman's origin told and told very well. I understand that they want to separate their vision of Krypton and the origin from Donner's and that's a good idea. Get people's minds away from only thinking the crystal-planet version is cannon or something rather than just Donner's cool idea for the time of how an alien world might be different.

BUT...I don't want them spending a whole hour of the film on set up before we even see him in the costume. There's not such a need to drag it out this time. He should be in tights and doing his thing a half hour into the film.