View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 11:20 PM   #41
semper
Side-Kick

Default Re: Snipes is out of prison- Time to bring back Blade?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the last son View Post
Just read that Oswalt interview and it was pretty funny. I don't see how you can blame Snipes for Trinity. It's well known Snipes and Kristofferson didn't like the direction the movie was headed. Turns out they were right
I don't blames Snipes for Trinity either. David Goyer had too much power on Trinity, and I think that's what destroyed the franchise. Goyer is not a talented director (see The Unborn, which is even worse than Trinity), but is a servicable writer. When he gets to write and direct, as he did with Trinity, he basically becomes the God of the production, and there is no one to tell him that his script needs work, or some of these crappy sidekicks or lame jokes need to go (sounds like Snipes tried to tell him, but Goyer chose not to listen). When someone else is directing, Goyer has to tailor the script to their wants and needs. It feels to me that because Goyer was directing, he decided his first draft was the one to go with, and no one would tell him otherwise.

Goyer scapegaoted Snipes for his own boneheaded choices as writer/director. Snipes was absolutely correct to protest the direction Goyer chose to take Trinity in. It badly diluted the quality of the first two films, which had far more capble directors at the helm.

semper is offline   Reply With Quote